FOX announces 'winter premiere' dates for 'The Simpsons,' 'New Girl' & more
Really, though, it's the usual time for shows to come back from Christmas break
The TV cycle of life seems to be adding new stages all the time, and now all of FOX's shows will have "winter premieres," whether they're brand new, returning from a months-long hiatus, or simply coming back after the same Christmas/New Year's break that virtually every show takes.
We already knew that "American Idol" would be beginning a new season (with a revamped judging panel including Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban) on January 16 and 17, that the Kevin Bacon serial killer drama "The Following" would be debuting on January 21, and that Kiefer Sutherland and "Touch" would be back on February 8. (And that the "Fringe" series finale would air a few weeks before, on January 11.) But today, the network announced the dates that most of its other series would begin airing new episodes once the calendar ticks over into 2013:
* We'll get new episodes of "The Simpsons," "Bob's Burgers," "Family Guy" and "American Dad' on Sunday, January 6. "The Cleveland Show" will be back the following Sunday.
* Tuesday comedies "Raising Hope," "Ben and Kate," "New Girl" and "The Mindy Project" will be new again starting on Elvis's birthday, Tuesday, January 8.
* "Bones" is back with a two-hour episode on Monday, January 14, with "The Following" debuting the next week.
* After a two-hour "Idol" airs on Thursday, January 17, the show will contract back to an hour the following week for the return of "Glee."
* "Kitchen Nightmares" is back on Friday, January 25.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!