First 4 minutes of 'Warm Bodies' offers a look inside the mind of a zombie: Watch
'50/50' director Jonathan Levine helms the undead rom-com adaptation
"What am I doing with my life? I'm so pale. I should get out more. I should eat better. My posture is terrrible. I should stand up straighter. People would respect me more if I stood up straighter. What's wrong with me? I just want to connect. Why can't I connect with people?"
If you've ever found yourself having thoughts like these, you're not so unlike "R" (Nicholas Hoult), the undead protagonist of director Jonathan Levine's ("50/50") upcoming zombie rom-com "Warm Bodies." Indeed, these are the opening lines of the young flesh-eater's interior monologue in the first four minutes of the film, which Summit Entertainment has now made available for your holiday-viewing pleasure.
Based on the 2011 novel of the same name by Isaac Marion, the film centers on the relationship that develops between R and a teenage girl named Julie (Teresa Palmer) after the former devours the brains of Julie's boyfriend Perry (Dave Franco) - an action that allows him to experience the memories of the young woman's paramour and consequently develop romantic feelings for her.
Though the book was championed by the likes of "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer and the resulting film financed by the studio behind the wildly-popular teen-vamp franchise, this first look suggests a far more sophisticated (and less self-serious) treatment of the supernatural than that offered by its blockbuster predecessor. Check out the full video below and let us know what you think.
"Warm Bodies" hits theaters on February 1.
News From Our Partners
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing