Exclusive: Tom Hardy and Shia LaBeouf in final 'Lawless' poster
A Cannes thriller for Labor Day weekend
Sometimes the usually slow, dog days of summer can deliver an unexpected gift at the local multi-plex. That appears to be the case this Labor Day weekend when John Hillcoat's period thriller "Lawless" hit U.S. theaters.
Hillcoat's follow up to "The Road" debuted at the Cannes Film Festival this past May and In Contention's Guy Lodge called it a "rollicking tale of blood, booze and cardigans." Based on Matt Bondourant's novel "The Wettest County in the World," "Lawless" finds Tom Hardy and Shia LaBeouf as two brothers trying to keep their bootlegging business alive in 1930's Virginia. Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska play their respective girlfriends and Guy Pearce is the Federal Special Agent trying to take them down. Gary Oldman and Jason Clarke are also along for the ride.
The drama received positive reviews out of Cannes and hopes to find success with older audiences over the holiday just as "The American" with George Clooney and the celebrated adaptation of "The Constant Gardner" have in recent years. The Weinstein Company has provided HitFix with the exclusive final poster for "Lawless" which we are happy to premiere. You can enjoy it embedded below.
"Lawless" opens nationwide on August 29.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
30 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!