Elijah Wood to hit puberty in new big-screen comedy from 'Wilfred' director
'Hobbit' actor to star as a man who reaches sexual maturity at age 30
Elijah Wood is preparing to hit puberty.
The "Hobbit" actor has signed on to star in a new comedy titled "The Late Bloomer," which is set be helmed by "Wilfred" director/executive-producer Randall Einhorn. Based on the 2001 non-fiction book "Man Made: A Memoir of My Body" by Ken Baker, the film will center on a 30-year-old man (Wood) who discovers he never completed puberty. When the medical condition preventing him from reaching full physical maturity is resolved, he's forced to deal with the rapid changes that result.
The book was adapted for the screen by Joe Nussbaum ("George Lucas in Love") and the writing team of Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove ("George Lopez," "Outsourced"). Production is expected to begin in January.
Wood recently reprised his role (albeit in a smaller capacity) as Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson's upcoming "Hobbit" trilogy. Other films on his release slate include the Wayne Kramer action-comedy "Pawn Shop Chronicles" opposite Paul Walker and Norman Reedus, and the remake of the 1980 slasher film "Maniac," which is expected to hit theaters early next year.
"Wilfred" recently completed its second season on FX.
Does "The Late Bloomer" spark your interest? Let us know in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures