Director James Wan shares a sneak peek at 'Insidious Chapter 2'
Rose Byrne, Patrick Wilson and the rest of the original cast are all returning
Creepy kids never go out of style in horror films, as a new behind the scenes pic from "Insidious Chapter 2" helps prove.
Director James Wan ("Saw") posted a creepy behind-the-scenes photo featuring pint-sized lead actor Ty Simpkins to his Instagram account, where several other production photos can be seen as well.
Take a look here:
The candles and vintage-style photography may look warm and fuzzy, but there's certainly a darkness lurking beneath the surface. The film is the sequel to the 2011 horror hit about a comatose young boy who acts as a vessel for evil sprits.
The original film cost just $1.5 million and earned nearly $100 million worldwide, so a "Part 2" was all but inevitable, especially for Wan, whose 2004 horror hit "Saw" spawned a massively successful franchise.
Rose Byrne ("X-Men: First Class") Patrick Wilson ("Watchmen"), Barbara Hershey ("Black Swan"), Lin Shaye ("There's Something About Mary") are all returning as well.
"Insidious Chapter 2" will be released August 30.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock