Destiny's Child reuniting during Beyonce's Super Bowl Halftime show
Singer confirms working with Justin Timberlake
The reunion was revealed to Us Weekly, who said that Bey will start the show with solo material, segue into her former group's material including freshly announced new song "Nuclear" and then finish off the event with a new single from a forthcoming album.
As previously reported, "Nuclear" is Destiny's Child's first new track in eight years. When they take the stage in New Orleans on Feb. 3, it will be their first performance together in six years.
In regards to her next solo album, the follow-up to "4," Beyonce told GQ for its February issue that she's collaborated with Pharrell, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and "Single Ladies" writer The-Dream for the set. There are more than 50 songs in the mix, so no guarantees on who or what makes the album tracklist yet. She described the tilt of the album to be "mostly R&B. I always have my Prince and rock/soul influences. There's a bit of D'Angelo, some 60s doo-wop. And Aretha and Diana Ross."
Destiny's Child will release the "Love Songs" hits compilation -- including "Nuclear" -- on Jan. 29.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays