David Fincher directing Justin Timberlake's 'Suit & Tie' video
Singer preparing for newly announced Grammy night gig
Timberlake and Fincher worked together on "The Social Network," so now they've recombined for "Suit & Tie," the singer's comeback single with Jay-Z. The Playlist got the confirmation, which means that Fincher has returned to an artform that put him on the map to begin with.
Watch: Justin Timberlake channels Sinatra and MJ and reveals '20/20' release date
'Suit & Tie' lyric video dresses up the hit song featuring Jay-Z
In recent days, Hov and the "Cry Me a River" star have been photographed wearing, well, suits and ties.
Fincher's last music video was Nine Inch Nails' "Only" from 2005. His previous credits on the music front include Madonna's "Vogue" and "Express Yourself," Paul Abdul's "Forever Your Girl," Billy Idol's "Cradle of Love," Michael Jackson's "Who Is It?", George Michael's "Freedom '90" and countless others.
No word when the "Suit & Tie" clip will drop, but Timberlake's album "The 20/20 Experience" will arrive on March 19.
Timberlake is also prepping for his first solo concerts in years, starting with a show tomorrow night, pre-Super Bowl. He's rumored to be taking the stage with Beyonce during the half time show the following day, and today, he confirmed he's playing a "fan only" Los Angeles show for 9 p.m. PST on Feb. 10. Perhaps its coincidence -- and perhaps not -- that Feb. 10 is the same night as the Grammys. That show is slated to be at the Hollywood Palladium, but considering the usual superstar promotional cycles, maybe he'll be dropping by the Staples Center that night, too.
Tickets for the Palladium show go up tomorrow (Feb. 2) via Ticketmaster.
News From Our Partners
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead