Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters head back to work on a new album
Band reunites after shortest break ever
Do you know what today is? Today is the day that Dave Grohl returns to Los Angeles to start work on a new Foo Fighters album.
As you may recall, last summer, Grohl struck fear in the heart of Foo fans when he said his band was going to take a long break. The good news is that time is clearly relative.
Wednesday night at the Brit Awards, Grohl told the ceremony’s host , James Corden, that he was headed back to Cali to work on the follow-up to 2011’s “Wasting Light,” according to NME.
"We have a plan, we know exactly what's coming next and I have the music for the next record and we're going to start working on it once we finish doing all this stuff,” Grohl says. “We have really awesome, big plans for the next album and I'm really excited about it."
In addition to stepping in as a guest host on “Chelsea Lately,” playing gigs surrounding his documentary, “Sound City;" directing Soundgarden videos, and appearing on the new Queens of the Stone Age album, it sounds like Grohl is just as eager to get back to the Foos as the fans are.
As far as a release date, he couldn’t narrow down that time frame, only telling Corden, “eventually.”
Watch Taylor Hawkins and Pat Smear talk about the band's break at the Sundance premiere of "Sound City" here.
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013