'Dark Knight Rises' cheat sheet: Everything you need to know about Batman
Get a crash course on the DC superhero with interviews, film clips and more
"The Dark Knight Rises" is Christopher Nolan's highly-anticipated third and final Batman film, following 2005's "Batman Begins" and 2008's "The Dark Knight."
In addition to all the characters and story lines introduced in the first two films, "DKR" is adding even more new layers. While hardcore Bat-fans know all about muscleman Bane's (Tom Hardy) vendetta, sultry Selina Kyle's (Anne Hathaway) wavering criminal allegiance and have their suspicions about how the new film will end, casual fans may need a cheat sheet. Batman comics have been around for more than seventy years, and there's been a lot to absorb -- both in the series' pages and on the big screen. While most reviews are positive, the negative notices are stirring up quite a backlash from some fans.
Our HitFix Cheat Sheet: "The Dark Knight Rises" will bring you up to speed. All your questions and more will be answered in the latest edition of our ongoing Cheat Sheet series (our most recent entry tackled "The Amazing Spider-Man"), a 10-minute video comprised of interview footage and film clips, and packed with info about the DC Comics superhero. And don't worry -- there are no significant spoilers.
Watch the video from Crackle here:
Read Drew McWeeny's review here. See photos of Anne Hathaway, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and other stars at the film's New York premiere here.
Looking for even more info on Batman and the upcoming film? Visit our "Batman" hub page to check out all our other Dark Knight-related content!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
10 days ago
29 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel