'Dark Knight Rises' and 'Hunger Games' earn 2013 Grammy Awards nominations
What other films got the nod?
The Batman franchise film and its score composer Hans Zimmer got a nod for best score soundtrack; it shares the category with Academy Award winners and industry vets like John Williams ("The Adventures of Tintin") and Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross ("The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo").
"The Hunger Games" yielded two nods for Best Song Written For Visual Media: Arcade Fire's "Abraham's Daughter" and Taylor Swift with the Civil Wars' "Safe & Sound." Another toast of the nominations night Mumford & Sons are in the same category, for "Learn Me Right" with Birdy in animated flick "Brave."
Best Compilation noms went to a varied list, from the ensemble musical "Rock of Ages" to Bret McKenzie-penned tunes for "The Muppets" to documentary "Marley" to 2011 Oscar faves "The Descendants" and "Midnight in Paris."
Check out all the movie-oriented nominations for the 55th annual Grammy Awards below. The ceremony will take place on Feb. 10.
Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media:
55th annual Grammy Award Nominations: Here are the nominees
Kanye West? Black Keys? Florence + The Machine? fun.? Who earns the most nods?
Midnight In Paris
Rock Of Ages
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media
The Adventures Of Tintin - The Secret Of The Unicorn
John Williams, composer
Ludovic Bource, composer
The Dark Knight Rises
Hans Zimmer, composer
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, composers
Howard Shore, composer
Austin Wintory, composer
Best Song Written For Visual Media
Abraham's Daughter (From The Hunger Games)
T Bone Burnett, Win Butler & Régine Chassagne, songwriters (Arcade Fire)
Learn Me Right (From Brave)
Mumford & Sons, songwriters (Birdy & Mumford & Sons)
Let Me Be Your Star (From Smash)
Marc Shaiman & Scott Wittman, songwriters (Katharine McPhee & Megan Hilty)
Man Or Muppet (From The Muppets)
Bret McKenzie, songwriter (Jason Segel & Walter)
Safe & Sound (From The Hunger Games)
T Bone Burnett, Taylor Swift, John Paul White & Joy Williams, songwriters
(Taylor Swift Featuring The Civil Wars)
News From Our Partners
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas