Daniel Craig denies rumors that the next Bond film will be a two-parter
'Skyfall' star says that the move would be 'impossible' for the franchise
While "Skyfall" certainly won't be the last time we see Daniel Craig as James Bond, the actor has set the record straight on the film's inevitable follow-up.
Soon after it was announced that screenwriter John Logan had signed on for two more films, rumors began popping up that 007's next adventure would be a two-part film with one long story arc.
When asked about the possibility, Craig displayed his a license to kill rumors, telling the German site Film Starts that it would be "impossible."
He explained further, "We can only do them one at a time -- they take 6 months to shoot.You can't write one and be thinking about the next. All were trying to do at the moment is get the next one sorted out. If I'm able, we'll do another one after that."
Don't worry -- he'll be able. After all, in the upcoming "Skyfall," Bond bounces back from an apparent death and faces down blonde baddie Javier Bardem. The Sam Mendes-directed film features a stellar cast that also includes Judi Dench, Naomie Harris, Albert Finney and Ralph Fiennes.
"Skyfall" opens in the U.S. November 9.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy