Could 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' star James McAvoy give Professor X a ginger beard?
From 'Macbeth' to Mutants for McAvoy
BEVERLY HILLS - James McAvoy wraps up his critically acclaimed turn in a revival of Shakespeare's classic "Macbeth" later this week in London, but there will be no rest for the weary. The star of Danny Boyle's upcoming thriller "Trance" heads to Canada immediately after to once again play the younger incarnation of Professor Charles Xavier in "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
When we last left Prof. X at the end of the origin-building "X-Men: First Class," the mind reading mutant had tragically lost the use of his legs. One thing missing, however, was Xavier's trademark shiny, bald head. Speaking to HitFix via satellite about "Trance" on Sunday, McAvoy sported a "ginger beard" (as he called it) for his role as Macbeth and seemed excited to return to 20th Century Fox's mutant franchise.
"I had my first costume fitting yesterday, so I do know what some of my look is going to be. I don't want to reveal too much," McAvoy says. "Maybe I will have a beard? Maybe I'll show up on the first day of rehearsals and go 'Oh my god. Professor X with a ginger beard! It makes so much sense.' I doubt it. I don't think that will fly."
Clearly having fun with the idea McAvoy then looks to the camera smiling and says, "I'd like to see Professor X with a bald head and a big ginger beard. On a Harley."
The "Atonement" star revealed he'd also read the latest draft of the script and that "It's set in the '70s and I quite like that sort of style so it will be cool."
You can watch McAvoy and his scraggly beard wax about "Days of Future Past" in the video embedded at the top of this post.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" will begin shooting later this month. It will hit theaters nationwide on July 18, 2014.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn