Comic-Con fan killed while lining up for 'Twilight' panel
53-year-old woman died at hospital after being hit by car
Comic-Con 2012 got off to a tragic start Tuesday night when a 53-year-old attendee was struck by a car and killed in front of the San Diego Convention Center.
According to U-T San Diego, the woman was in a crosswalk and tried to run across Harbor Blvd. toward a line of people caped out outside of the convention center. An approaching vehicle tried to stop before hitting her, but she reportedly tripped and fell into the path of the car. She had been waiting in line to secure a place for Thursday's always-packed “Twilight” panel.
After sustaining head injuries from the collision, she was taken to a nearby hospital, where she passed away. The Examiner later identified her as Gisella G. The driver, an unnamed 67-year-old male, stayed on the scene to answer police questions.
Shortly after the incident, supportive fans took to Twitter, using the hashtag #RIPTwiFanG to offer their condolences to Gisella G. and her loved ones.
While the "Twilight" panel will likely take place as planned, attendees can expect a tribute and a moment of silence.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.