Coldplay releasing first concert CD and film in 9 years: Watch the trailer
'Live 2012' chronicles the British band's Mylo Xyloto touring trek
Coldplay are preparing to release their first concert album and film in nine years, "Live 2012," and it will arrive right in time for holiday shopping.
The CD/DVD/Blu-Ray and digital drop will be out on Nov. 20, preceded by a TV premiere on the EPIX network on Nov. 17. It contains footage from Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto" tour dates in Montreal, Paris and at the Glastonbury Music Festival in their native UK earlier this year.
The 90-minute concert film is shot by Paul Dugdale, who made Adele and all of her audience members look fabulous in "Live from Royal Albert Hall." In a statement, he said he and the team "wanted to make a film that was as intimate as it was epic, punctuating Coldplay’s colour-drenched performance with candid portraits of the band," he wrote. "It’s essentially a film about people, and we wanted to highlight how the band have blurred the barrier between stage and audience to create a tour that reaches out to everyone from the front row of the stadium to those right at the back."
Heavy, like "Teardrops." Also on Nov. 20, the band will doubly promote their 2011 effort and the live set with the official add of their new single, "Hurts Like Heaven."
"I would love it if in 20 years I would look back on this and think I feel like that's when we started to become really good," you can hear Chris Martin say in the trailer to the film below. Are Coldplay at their best?
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds