Clive Owen being eyed for 'RoboCop' role after Hugh Laurie exits
Sci-fi remake stars Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L.Jackson and Gary Oldman
Hugh Laurie has exited "RoboCop."
The "House" star was set to play one of the head creators of the cyborg police officer in the upcoming remake of Paul Verhoeven's 1987 sci-fi hit, but has left the project.
MGM is currently searching for a replacement, with Clive Owen reportedly being one of the contenders, according to Deadline.
"RoboCop," directed by Joe Padilha ("Elite Squad"), stars "The Killing's" Joel Kinnaman in the title role, alongside Samuel L.Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jackie Earle Haley, Abbie Cornish and Jay Baruchel.
The original starred Peter Weller as a Detroit cop who is turned into a machine-man after being shot up by ruthless gangsters in the near future.
Owen was recently seen in "The Killer Elite" and "The Intruders." He also starred opposite Nicol Kidman in the HBO miniseries "Hemingway & Gellhorn." Owen will also reprise his role as Dwight in Robert Rodriguez's "Sin City" sequel.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion