Clint Eastwood on 'The Expendables 3': I 'probably' wouldn't do it
'Trouble with the Curve' star addresses threequel rumors
Clint Eastwood in "The Expendables 3"? Don't bet on it.
In a recent interview promoting his upcoming sports drama "Trouble with the Curve" (review), the director and star addressed rumors that Sylvester Stallone wants him for a part in the action threequel by stating, "He does? You know, I haven't had the opportunity to even see that 'Expendables' yet. But I don't...I have no idea. I don't know. I haven't read the material...to me, I...probably not. I'm probably more apt to direct something. Maybe I'll direct 'Expendables 3.'"
We're pretty sure that last part was a joke, but it's hard to tell whether Eastwood is being completely on the level regarding his supposed ignorance of Stallone's interest, given "Expendables" producer Avi Lerner's earlier contention that they'd already "approached" the acting legend to appear (in addition to Harrison Ford).
The interview in question was conducted by "Extra" (thanks to JoBlo for the heads up).
"The Expendables 2" has grossed over $260 million worldwide (off a reported $100 million budget).
Would you like to see Eastwood in "The Expendables 3"?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title