Chris Brown hints at retirement at BET Awards: Are movies his next 'Fortune?'
Samuel L. Jackson tells Brown he should head to Hollywood; Drake was a no-show
"I'd like to thank Team Breezy, everybody who worked on any one of my albums," Breezy himself said during his acceptance speech for Best Male R&B Artist during the honors ceremony. "My last album that's coming out in two days... I just want to thank all my fans. It's dedicated to y'all. This one's for y'all, man, I appreciate everything."
There was no elaboration on his Twitter or from his team on "Fortune" and the future. Why is it his "last" album and not his "new" one?
As the Awards show was winding down -- and after he collected three BET Awards -- Brown joined host Samuel L. Jackson on the stage for some banter from the Shine Auditorium to the official telecast after-party. The actor began began prodding the Grammy Award-winning entertainer, to see if he had any movie work lined up.
"I was just about to offer you a movie deal," Jackson said to Brown, with his arm slung over the other's shoulder. Brown replied that he'd "do anything" to be in pictures.
All that was missing was a smoky cigar and some cameras with those old-fashioned flashbulbs.
Brown also performed bare-chested during the show, with clips of "Don't Wake Me Up" and a commanding "Turn Up the Music."
"Fortune" is out on Tuesday (July 3). Brown has also been in the news recently for being involved in a brawl with Drake -- or, at least, Drake's entourage. That spat has resulted in lawsuits and the New York club getting shut down. Drake did not appear at the BET Awards, though he did win Best Male Hip-Hop Artist.
Would you like to see Brown up on the silver screen, as his ex Rihanna has done?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer