Charlize Theron officially signs on to star in 'Dark Places'
'Sarah's Key' director Gilles Paquet-Brenner will helm Gillian Flynn adaptation
Oscar winner Charlize Theron has gone to some dark places onscreen before (notably in "Monster"), and now she'll star in the film adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s bestseller "Dark Places."
Gilles Paquet-Brenner ("Sarah's Key," "Pretty Things") will write and direct the film, in which Theron will play Libby Day, a woman who -- when she was only 7 -- was the sole survivor of a family massacre seemingly at the hands of her brother. She had testified against him, and 25 years later, is confronted by a criminal rights advocacy group who force her to recount her story in order to uncover a hidden truth.
"We are delighted to be teaming up with Charlize, Mandalay Vision, Stephane, and Gilles to bring this riveting thriller based on Gillian’s best-selling book to a worldwide movie audience," said Sinclair and East in a statement. "Devoted fans of her book will be delighted to learn that the screen adaptation is coming from such a stellar team of creative filmmakers,"
Theron was recently seen in "Snow White and the Huntsman" and "Prometheus," and is recently finished shooting George Miler's "Mad Max: Fury Road."
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!