Charlize Theron may be going to 'Dark Places' for new Gillian Flynn adaptation
Amy Adams was previously in talks for the same role
Charlize Theron may be stepping in for Amy Adams as the star of a new thriller.
With David Fincher currently circling "Gone Girl" over at Fox, author Gillian Flynn's bestselling 2009 novel "Dark Places" is also being tapped for a Hollywood adaptation, and Theron is now in talks for the lead role. As noted by Deadline, which broke the story, the "Prometheus" star is the second major actress to eye the part, with Adams having previously circled the project before dropping out.
"Dark Places" tells the story of Libby Day, a woman whose testimony as a seven-year-old girl put her brother away in prison for the murder of their entire family. 25 years later, a group of amateur detectives dubbed the Kill Club tell her they believe her brother is innocent of the crime, and with their help Libby embarks on her own investigation to seek out the truth.
French director Gilles Paquet-Brenner ("Sarah's Key") is on board to helm the $15 million film, which is looking at a March production start. If Theron signs on, the deal will likely give her a producer credit on the project through her Denver & Delilah shingle.
Have you read "Dark Places"? Think Theron is right for the lead role? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)