'Carrie' remake pushed from March to October
Chloe Moretz-starrer will attempt to capitalize on Halloween holiday
Looking forward to Screen Gems' "Carrie" remake? You're going to have to wait a few more months than previously thought.
Director Kimberly Peirce's ("Boys Don't Cry") updating of the classic Stephen King novella has been moved from its original March 15 release date to October 18, giving it a prime pre-Halloween slot, according to Shock Till You Drop. That will give it a week's jump on "Paranormal Activity 5," which hits theaters on October 25.
Starring Chloe Grace Moretz ("Kick-Ass") as the title character and Julianne Moore as her religious fanatic mother, the story centers on a telekinetic social outcast who is driven to murderous action by a cruel prank at the high school prom. The film also stars Judy Greer, Gabriella Wilde, Alex Russell and Ansel Elgort.
"Carrie" has been adapted for the screen twice before: in Brian De Palma's iconic 1976 film starring Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, and in a 2002 made-for-TV version starring Angela Bettis and Patricia Clarkson. 1999's "The Rage: Carrie 2" served as a sequel to De Palma's film but was critically panned and flopped at the box-office.
Are you looking forward to "Carrie"? Sound off below.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More