'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' to shoot at L.A.'s Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios
'Iron Man' films and 'Thor' also partially shot at studio
Captain America is staying in the U.S.
Despite rumors that the Marvel superhero sequel "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" would be shooting in Europe (as the franchise's first film did), it was revealed today that it will instead shoot primarily at Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios in Los Angeles, according to Collider.
Stages are reportedly already being built for the film directed by Anthony and Joe Russo ("Community") and featuring Chis Evans as the title hero first seen in the "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "The Avengers." It's been previously reported that the film will begin production in April.
"Iron Man," its sequel, and "Thor" were all partially shot at Raleigh.
"Winter Soldier" will still likely shoot several key scenes in Europe, plus some location work in Cleveland and New Mexico. The film also features the return of previous Marvel actors Sebastian Stan (as The Winter Soldier), Cobie Smulders, Toby Jones, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson, plus newcomers Anthony Mackie (as Facon) and Frank Grillo.
Hayley Atwell isn't returning, and the lead female role has yet to be cast.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" opens April 4, 2014.
News From Our Partners
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!