Cameron Diaz and Colin Firth strip down in trailer for Coen Bros.-scripted 'Gambit'
Alan Rickman also sheds his clothing in new preview for the upcoming remake
- Critic's Rating B
- Readers' Rating n/a
Ever see Alan Rickman naked? Would you like to?
The "Die Hard" star (I'll bet he hates that) strips down to his birthday suit in the first full trailer for "Gambit," the Coen Bros.-scripted remake of the classic 1966 caper comedy that starred Shirley MacLaine and Michael Caine.
And he's not the only one who gets shed-happy - if there's one thing this trailer has, it's name actors unburdening themselves of at least one major article of clothing (yes, Cameron Diaz has a scene in lingerie).
Directed by Michael Hoffman ("Soapdish," "The Last Station"), "Gambit" has been floating around Hollywood in some iteration or another since the late '90s, with directors including Alexander Payne, Robert Altman and...erm, Bo Welch all flirting with the project at one point or another. Perhaps the only semi-constant on the project (outside of producer Mike Lobell) is Colin Firth, who was first attached to star as Harry Deane (the role originally played by Caine) close to a decade ago.
One Thing I Love Today: Why you really need to see 'Gambit' tonight
A forgotten gem gets a second life thanks to streaming Netflix
My grade for the trailer: B. After watching it below, you can rate it for yourself at top left.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Official plot summary:
An art curator (Colin Firth) decides to seek revenge on his abusive boss (Alan Rickman) by conning him into buying a fake Monet, but his plan requires the help of an eccentric and unpredictable Texas rodeo queen (Cameron Diaz).
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]