Bryan Singer shares a familiar image from 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' set
Director hints that sequel will be featured at this year's Comic-Con
It will be more than a year until we get to see the return of most of the original "X-Men" cast in Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
However, with the sequel scheduled to start shooting in Montreal in April, Singer wants to reassure fans that the style and set of the film will reflect both the post-"X-Men: First Class" world and the familiar digs of the first two "X-Men" films.
Take a look at this set photo:
Look familiar? We'll likely see Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Professor X in that very hallway. Previously, Singer revealed a pic of the two Professor Xs' wheelchairs.
"Future Past" takes place ten years after "First Class," and involves both the original team seen in Singer's films and the the heroes from "First Class," which was directed by Matthew Vaughn. Ian McKellan, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore and Hugh Jackman are all returning to the mutant team, who will share the screen with their "First Class" counterparts, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult. "Game of Thrones" vet Peter Dinklage is also joining the Marvel mutant movie.
Singer also hinted that "Future Past" will be featured at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego (surprise, surprise) by tweeting, "How many days until @Comic_Con? #XMen#DaysofFuturePast #SDCC"
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" opens in 3D and 2D July 18, 2014.
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When