Bruce Willis set for 'Sin City' return in 'A Dame to Kill For'
Thesp to reprise the role of police detective John Hartigan
Bruce Willis is officially back in the saddle as police detective John Hartigan.
The actor's involvement in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" has been confirmed by director Robert Rodriguez in a recent interview with MTV News, during which he said:
"[Juno Temple] just shot, she was fantastic. Her and Ray Liotta played together, they were amazing. Jeremy Piven shot just last night… we were shooting last night, all night. There are some characters from the book. It might surprise people who they play and the turns that they do… Bruce [Willis] is back, so you’ll be seeing him…"
As for the "Dame" of the title, femme fatale Ava Lord, the role still hasn't been cast, though Rodriguez suggested he's getting closer.
"We have some choices in mind [for Ava Lord but] we haven’t finalised the casting," he said. "She doesn’t shoot for a couple weeks."
Other recent additions to the "Dame" cast include Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Josh Brolin, the latter of whom is replacing Clive Owen in the role of private investigator Dwight McCarthy. They join returning players Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Michael Madsen and Mickey Rourke as well as series first-timers Jamie Chung (replacing Devon Aoki), Dennis Haysbert (replacing Michael Clarke Duncan), Juno Temple, Jeremy Piven, Christopher Meloni and Ray Liotta.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is slated for release on October 4.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video] Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)