'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' smashing franchise records in overseas markets
Final 'Twilight' installment off to a massive start internationally
Shocker: "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" is making a ton of dough.
The final "Twilight" installment has been breaking franchise records in its preview engagements in several European territories:
In France, the film's opening-night box-office was up 45% from "Breaking Dawn - Part 1," coming in at 219,000 admissions or US $1.8 million (as compared with 150,000 admissions for the previous installment).
In the Netherlands, "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" had the "highest pre-day opening" in franchise history with 21,000 admissions (good for $392,000), beating out previous record-holder "Eclipse" which brought in $264,000.
Sweden saw 20,000 attendees to marathon/midnight screenings for the film, also a high for the franchise. That was good for $362,000, beating out "Eclipse"'s previous record of 17,000 admissions.
Belgium, meanwhile, saw 27,000 admissions, good for $531,000 in box-office. That's up over 100% from "Breaking Dawn - Part 1," which saw 13,000 admissions on its opening night last year.
All figures courtesy of Deadline.
"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" opens this Friday in the U.S. Will you be seeing it?
News From Our Partners
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing