'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' smashing franchise records in overseas markets
Final 'Twilight' installment off to a massive start internationally
Shocker: "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" is making a ton of dough.
The final "Twilight" installment has been breaking franchise records in its preview engagements in several European territories:
In France, the film's opening-night box-office was up 45% from "Breaking Dawn - Part 1," coming in at 219,000 admissions or US $1.8 million (as compared with 150,000 admissions for the previous installment).
In the Netherlands, "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" had the "highest pre-day opening" in franchise history with 21,000 admissions (good for $392,000), beating out previous record-holder "Eclipse" which brought in $264,000.
Sweden saw 20,000 attendees to marathon/midnight screenings for the film, also a high for the franchise. That was good for $362,000, beating out "Eclipse"'s previous record of 17,000 admissions.
Belgium, meanwhile, saw 27,000 admissions, good for $531,000 in box-office. That's up over 100% from "Breaking Dawn - Part 1," which saw 13,000 admissions on its opening night last year.
All figures courtesy of Deadline.
"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" opens this Friday in the U.S. Will you be seeing it?
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock