'Breaking Bad' mid-season finale cooks up big ratings
Sunday night's episode draws 47% more viewers than season four finale
At the halfway point through its final split season, “Breaking Bad” is really cooking.
Sunday night’s episode of the hit AMC drama drew 2.8 million viewers, up 47% over last year's season four finale.
It was also up by 57% in household ratings, up 37% for adults 18-49 and up 34% in adults. The episode was the final segment of the first half of season five. The next episode won't air until summer 2013.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
"Congratulations to everyone involved in Sunday's great success and for delivering episode after episode of television that is nothing short of remarkable. 'Breaking Bad' began 5 years ago with a pilot that was like nothing we had ever seen on television,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president.
“That 'Breaking Bad' continues to deliver at such a remarkable level creatively, now over 50 episodes later, is a rare accomplishment that begins with Vince Gilligan and the torch is carried by every member of the team on both sides of the camera. We can't wait to share the final eight episodes with our audience.”
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
1 day ago
11 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard