Bradley Cooper in talks to play Lance Armstrong for J.J. Abrams
'Star Trek' director says he's been corresponding with the 'Silver Linings' star
Bradley Cooper is one step closer to playing Lance Armstrong in J.J. Abrams' planned biopic of the disgraced cycling champ.
Speaking with Entertainment Tonight at last night's Producers' Guild Awards (see a full list of winners here), the newly-minted "Star Wars" director said he had received an email from the "Silver Linings Playbook" star about taking on the role and that they had been "talking" ever since.
Abrams' Bad Robot shingle and Paramount recently scored the film rights to Juliet Macur's proposed book "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong," which would detail the doping scandal that led the cyclist to being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, among other sanctions. Cooper, who is up for Best Actor at next month's Oscars, previously expressed interest in the role in a recent interview with the BBC.
Do you think Cooper would be a good choice to play the seven-time Tour de France champion? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival