Brad Pitt gets trigger-happy in new 'Killing Them Softly' poster
Andrew Dominik thriller hits theaters on Oct. 9
Something tells me Brad Pitt is actually planning on using that gun.
The actor takes center stage in this brand-new poster for "Killing Them Softly," the forthcoming crime thriller that re-teams him with his "Assassination of Jesse James" director Andrew Dominik in a story centering on a "professional enforcer" (Pitt) who investigates a heist that takes place during a mob-sanctioned, high-stakes poker game.
Also starring Scoot McNairy, Ben Mendelsohn, Richard Jenkins, James Gandolfini, Ray Liotta and Sam Shepard, the film premiered at this year's Cannes Film Festival to almost uniformly positive reviews, including from our own Drew McWeeny, who called it "a stylish delight."
Like the Brad Pitt-less teaser poster that debuted previously, the new one-sheet is an efficient, no-frills piece of advertising that seems to be of a piece with Drew's description of the film as a "lean, mean, cynical little crime film." Check out the poster below and let us know whether you'll be seeing it this fall.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
"Killing Them Softly" is slated for release on October 9.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
14 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'