Box Office: 'Amazing Spider-Man' pulls in $75 million after 3 days
'Katy Perry: Part of Me' opens to $3 million debut
Spidey continues his reign over the Fourth of July weekend box office.
The Sony reboot "Amazing Spider-Man" scored around $16.3 million on Thursday, bringing the film's domestic total to approximately $75.5 million after three days.
It's a strong, but not spectacular, start for the Marc Webb-directed film starring Andrew Garfield as the wall crawler and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.
"Amazing's" Thursday take suffered a 30% drop from the holiday Wednesday, where the film earned the second biggest Independence Day showing ever, just behind 2007's "Transformers."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
However, considering the huge number of screens (over 4,300) and pricey 3D and IMAX ticket prices, "Amazing" isn't matching the jaw-dropping numbers of some other recent summer blockbusters (including the previous "Spider-Man" sequels), but should nonetheless earn a nifty $140 million for the extended six-day weekend.
Meanwhile, the concert film "Katy Perry: Part of Me" debuted to about $3 million on Thursday, in line with expectations. The film was relatively cheap to produce, costing around $12 million (for comparison, "Spider-Man" came with a $200 million+ price tag), and should break even by Sunday.
Oliver Stone's drug epic "Savages" will try to carve off a chunk of the domestic box office after opening in wide release today.
Look for updated estimates throughout the weekend on HitFix.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title