Black Keys, Flaming Lips, Deftones and more lead Record Store Day releases
David Bowie, Mumford & Sons and others also releasing exclusive material
This year's annual Record Store Day recently unveiled Jack White as its ambassador, and now we know a few of the titles that White and other vinyl junkies will be lining up for on April 20.
Grammy magnets The Black Keys are covering Iggy and the Stooges' seminal track "No Fun" for a split 7" backed by the original version. The orange and red sunburst vinyl is limited to 7,000 copies.
David Bowie is releasing his first album in over ten years in March, and will follow it with an RSD 7" featuring "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" and "Where Are We Now?"
For the date-appropriate 4:20 crowd, Willie Nelson is teaming with Snoop Dogg, Jamey Johnson and Kris Kristofferson for "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die," which will appear on -- what else? -- green vinyl.
Meanwhile, Mumford & Sons, will drop “Live At Bullmoose” on both vinyl and, somewhat curiously, CD. Phish frontman Trey Anastasio will release ”Blue Ash & Other Suburbs” on limited picture disc.
Previously announced RSD exclusive releases include efforts from Best Coast, G. Love and Special Sauce, Grizzly Bear, At the Drive-In, and a whole lot of others. More info can be found here.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama