Beyonce's new album will feature Diane Warren songs
Grammy winner penned Aerosmith's 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing'
NEW YORK (AP) — Diane Warren has found her latest muse, and it's Beyonce.
Warren, who wrote the ballad "I Was Here" for Beyonce's latest album, "4," said she's writing material for the megastar's upcoming album.
Warren said she played a few songs for Beyonce in New York last week. "They're great songs," Warren said of the new tracks she wrote for the 30-year-old singer. "I think they're on the level of ('I Was Here') and I'm really excited about that."
Beyonce performed "I Was Here" at the United Nations headquarters last week in honor of World Humanitarian Day, which is Sunday. The performance was filmed and its music video will debut the same day to help launch the campaign.
She compared writing for Beyonce to a screenwriter having Meryl Streep or Robert De Niro act in his or her movie.
"Some people come in my studio and I'm like, 'Oh god,' and you've got to fix them up and it's just hard," Warren said. "Some of the people that get deals, you just can't understand. But then when you work with a Beyonce or so sadly Whitney (Houston) ... it's so beautiful."
She says she's also writing songs for Dion, John Legend, Kylie Minogue and R&B newcomers Emeli Sande and Luke James. She's also writing "country stuff" and penned "a song that's probably going to be Aerosmith's single."
Beyonce isn't the only Destiny's Child member getting the Diane Warren treatment: "I'm working with Kelly Rowland because Beyonce was telling her to get together with me."
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
6 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Plug Your Band on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H