Best and Worst of the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards: 'Homeland,' Naked Lena Dunham, Jimmy Kimmel
The highlights and lowlights of tonight's ceremony
Whether you loved, hated or were indifferent to the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards broadcast you should be aware that one man was responsible for the results: Don Mischer.
Yes, that Don Mischer, the two-time Academy Awards producer who, along with Bruce Cohen, oversaw arguably the worst Academy Awards show over the past 25 years, 2011's 83rd installment. Of course, Mischer has a much longer association with the Emmys. He's actually executive produced, produced and directed over 11 different Emmy telecasts since 1993. So, if you're looking for someone who will make sure people show up on time, but has little inspiration for the show itself, that's Mr. Mischer.
This year there was some glimmer of hope that host Jimmy Kimmel would breathe some life into the Emmys telecast. Moreover, competitive races in the drama and comedy categories suggested this might be an Emmy Awards worth watching. Well, we'll give Kimmel and Mischer this: the show finished under 3 hours.
As for some additional thoughts on this year's show, check out HitFix's best and worst of the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards by clicking on the gallery below.
Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
over 1 year ago
over 1 year ago
|Discuss Emmys on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats