'Avengers' Blu-ray clips give us another glimpse of Thanos: Watch
Joss Whedon superhero flick hits stores on September 25
In case you missed it in theaters (or just feel like revisiting a few of the film's most stunning sequences), Marvel has released five clips from this summer's "The Avengers" in advance of its September 25 release on DVD/Blu-ray. Included is the much-talked-about Thanos cameo from the middle of the film's closing credits, which succeeded in proving the old adage/Heinz marketing tagline: "Good things come to those who wait."
First up is the requisite "heroes suiting up for battle" bit, which shows the super-powered team members making preparations for a serious Loki ass-kicking session. Throw in a Captain America one-liner at the end and you're good to go.
"So...this all seems horrible," quips Mark Ruffalo at the beginning of this action-packed clip, which gives a whole new meaning to the word "party." Good thing Dr. Banner is always up for one...in a manner of speaking.
Clip #3 has Captain America (Chris Evans) taking charge of a dangerous situation, laying down the team's number one priority (hint: it rhymes with "arraignment") and...oh yeah, instructing the Hulk to do what he does best. Hmm...wonder what that could be.
This clip gives just a taste of one of the film's many delirious action sequences, with a final shot that shows off Whedon's deftness for mixing breakneck visual effects wizardry with unexpected humor.
And last but not least...can you say "The Avengers 2"?
"The Avengers" hits DVD and Blu-ray on September 25.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal