Arnold Schwarzenegger on 'Twins' sequel: 'I'm looking forward to actually doing it'
Former governor updates comedy follow-up at 'Expendables 2' Comic-Con panel
SAN DIEGO - Arnold Schwarzenegger is seeing double - triple, even.
Prompted by a question from two adult twin brothers (wearing matching "E.T." shirts, no less) during the audience Q&A portion of the "Expendables 2" panel at Comic-Con earlier today, the action star told the packed Hall H crowd that he's definitely on board for a sequel to his hit 1988 comedy "Twins" co-starring Danny Devito.
"I can tell you that I have been interested in doing a sequel for many years, called maybe 'Triplets,'" said Schwarzenegger, the last bit drawing laughs even though that is, indeed, the name of the proposed follow-up which was previously announced earlier this year. "So I think that we have moved it along, and Ivan Reitman has shown interest again in being involved in the project, Universal Studios has been very excited about it. So we are now looking for a great writer to write the sequel, and I'm looking forward to actually doing it, because I think it would be hilarious."
Eddie Murphy joining Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito for 'Twins' sequel
Producer Ivan Reitman developing 'Triplets' at Universal
While it doesn't seem that much progress has been made since the initial announcement, fans will at least be glad to know that Schwarzenegger himself has confirmed his interest in making a follow-up. We'll keep you posted on any further developments.
"Twins" grossed over $216 million worldwide on a $15 million budget, becoming one of the top-grossing films of 1988. It also starred Kelly Preston, Chloe Webb and David Caruso.
Are you hankering for a sequel to "Twins," or should Schwarzenegger and company leave well enough alone? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.