Andy Samberg to star in detective comedy series from 'Parks and Recreation' duo
'SNL' alum will suit up for FOX in new Michael Schur/Dan Goor pilot
Andy Samberg as the lead in a detective series? Don't worry, it's a comedy.
The "Saturday Night Live" alumnus has signed on for the lead role in a new FOX pilot from "Parks and Recreation" creator Michael Schur and Dan Goor, who serves as a writer/executive-producer on the Amy Poehler-led NBC laffer. The series will center on a group of detectives who work at a precinct located right at the border of New York City.
Samberg, whom Schur and Goor designed the part for, will play the group's lead investigator and serve as a producer on the show.
The news was broken by Deadline.
Samberg departed "SNL" back in June following a seven-season run on the late-night sketch series. He currently stars in the BBC Three sitcom "Cuckoo," with his last big-screen effort being the indie rom-com "Celeste & Jesse Forever" opposite Rashida Jones. He'll next be seen starring alongside Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Rachel Bilson, Clark Gregg, Alia Shawkat, Aubrey Plaza, Connie Britton, Bill Hader and Donald Glover in "The To Do List," which is slated for release on Valentine's Day.
Are you a fan of Samberg? Do you think he'll be a good fit for Schur and Goor's comedy style?
News From Our Partners
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama