'Amazing Spider-Man 2' officially begins production
Director Marc Webb confirms first day of filming via Twitter
Everyone's favorite webslinger is officially back in action.
"Day 1. #anamorphic #film #philthecameraoperator," tweeted "Amazing Spider-Man 2" director Marc Webb from the film's set on Monday, along with a photo of a man whose name I will presume is Phil, and who I will presume operates cameras for a living. The highly-anticipated superhero sequel is filming in the Big Apple.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will see Spidey (Andrew Garfield, returning) going up against Jamie Foxx's Electro and Paul Giamatti's Rhino. Also starring are returning thesps Emma Stone, Martin Sheen and Sally Field, who join newbies Dane DeHaan ("Chronicle") as Harry Osborn, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson and Felicity Jones ("Like Crazy") in an unspecified role. The film is slated for release on May 2, 2014.
Will you be seeing "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" when it hits theaters? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When