UPDATE: Adele confirms 'Skyfall' theme song, listen to a clip
British singing sensation pairs with James Bond
After months of speculation and near-confirmations, Adele has finally stepped out to say she's finished a theme song for the latest James Bond adventure "Skyfall," and that it will be premiering this week.
The Grammy Award-winning British singing star will drop the appropriately titled "Skyfall" this Thursday, Oct. 4 at 7:07 EST (that's 0:07 U.K. time, get it?). Pre-order via iTunes is already available.
The track was co-written with Paul Epworth, who helmed huge hits from Adele like "Rolling in the Deep"; it was recorded out of famed Abbey Road Studios, and backed by a 77-piece orchestra.
“I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for Skyfall. There's a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no brainer to do it in the end," Adele said in a statement. "It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I've never done which made it exciting... I’ll be back combing my hair when I'm 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day I'm sure!”
Adele hasn't released any new studio material since the release of 2011's "21."
"Skyfall" is due in theaters on Nov. 9.
UPDATE 1: Here's a 1:30 clip!
UPDATE 2: Aaand the label yanked it down, sorry folks.
UPDATE 3: Aaan here's another that popped up.
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After