Adele and Justin Bieber lead this week's Music Power Rankings
1. Adele: She culminates an amazing two-year run with a new man: a shiny, gold, bald fellow named Oscar.
2. Justin Bieber: He turns 19. Wonder what The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney gave him for his birthday?
3. Shirley Bassey: James Bond’s true golden girl on Oscar night.
4. Goats, goats, and more goats: We know it will get old in five minutes, but from Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble” to Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer,” was their any song that didn’t sound better this week with the addition of goats bleating? We’re waiting for Goats: the “Ava Maria” version.
5. Stone Temple Pilots: They fire Scott Weiland as lead singer, who learns about his dismissal from the press. Good think he couldn’t get his hands on a velvet revolver.
6. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Hip-hop duo releases PSA for “You Can Play” project, which encourages respect among athletes of all sexual orientations.
7. Thirty Seconds To Mars: The Jared-Leto led band takes its name literally as they launch new single by sending it on a cargo rocket to the International Space Station. Beam me up, boys.
8. Simon Cowell: He and YouTube launch “The You Generation,” a global talent competition for “unconventional” talents, including photography and magicians. Can we make this disappear?
9. The National and Passion Pit: The National’s documentary, “Mistaken for Strangers” is picked to open Tribeca Film Festival, while Passion Pit’s will be part of a documentary made at SXSW. When did making a documentary become part of the process for every single act? #overkill
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
Let Streaming Genie help you.