Adele and Justin Bieber lead this week's Music Power Rankings
1. Adele: She culminates an amazing two-year run with a new man: a shiny, gold, bald fellow named Oscar.
2. Justin Bieber: He turns 19. Wonder what The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney gave him for his birthday?
3. Shirley Bassey: James Bond’s true golden girl on Oscar night.
4. Goats, goats, and more goats: We know it will get old in five minutes, but from Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble” to Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer,” was their any song that didn’t sound better this week with the addition of goats bleating? We’re waiting for Goats: the “Ava Maria” version.
5. Stone Temple Pilots: They fire Scott Weiland as lead singer, who learns about his dismissal from the press. Good think he couldn’t get his hands on a velvet revolver.
6. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Hip-hop duo releases PSA for “You Can Play” project, which encourages respect among athletes of all sexual orientations.
7. Thirty Seconds To Mars: The Jared-Leto led band takes its name literally as they launch new single by sending it on a cargo rocket to the International Space Station. Beam me up, boys.
8. Simon Cowell: He and YouTube launch “The You Generation,” a global talent competition for “unconventional” talents, including photography and magicians. Can we make this disappear?
9. The National and Passion Pit: The National’s documentary, “Mistaken for Strangers” is picked to open Tribeca Film Festival, while Passion Pit’s will be part of a documentary made at SXSW. When did making a documentary become part of the process for every single act? #overkill
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Jack O’Connell commands attention as a violent young man sent up to an adult prison, where he finds help from his also-incarcerated father when trying to survive amongst this whole new class of criminals.Director: David Mackenzie
Cast: Jack O'Connell, Ben Mendelsohn, Rupert Friend
1992 | Comedy | NRSummary: Garry Shandling’s forerunner of shows like 30 Rock and Curb Your Enthusiasm is a satirical “show about a talk show” that often uses the difference between public and private celebrity personalities for great comic effect.Director: Dennis Klein, Garry Shandling (creators)
Cast: Garry Shandling, Jeffrey Tambor, Wallace Langham
1952 | Western | PGSummary: Compact and incredibly suspenseful western about a retiring marshall who finds himself standing alone to defend his town against a gang riding in on the noon train.Director: Fred Zinneman
Cast: Gary Cooper, Grace Kelly, Thomas Mitchell
1998 | Action | NRSummary: Animated series with day-Glo colors, fast action, and three young girls who are as adorable as they are powerful. Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup fight off giant monsters and battle the pains of growing up.Director: Craig McCracken (creator)
Cast: Cathy Cavadini, Elizabeth Daily, Tara Strong
1996 | Drama | RSummary: Karl Childers is a mentally disabled man who has been in the custody of the state mental hospital since the age of 12 for killing his mother and her lover. Although thoroughly institutionalized, Karl is deemed fit to be released into the outside world.Director: Billy Bob Thornton
Cast: Billy Bob Thornton, Robert Duvall, Dwight Yoakam, J. T. Walsh
1987 | Comedy | RSummary: A mother and her two teenage sons move to a seemingly nice and quiet small coastal California town yet soon find out that it's overrun by bike gangs and vampires. A couple of teenage friends take it upon themselves to hunt down the vampires that they suspect of a few mysterious murders and restor...Director: Joel Schumacher
Cast: Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Dianne Wiest, Corey Haim
1995 | Drama | PG-13Summary: Clueless follows the misadventures of meddlesome Beverly Hills high schooler Cher, who gets more than she bargained for when she gives a fashion-challenged student a makeover.Director: Amy Heckerling
Cast: Alicia Silverstone, Stacey Dash, Brittany Murphy, Paul Rudd
2009 | Comedy | NRSummary: The US President and the UK Prime Minister are looking to launch a war in the Middle East. The plot follows government officials and advisers in their behind-the-scenes efforts either to promote the war or prevent it. Spinal Tap meets Strangelove. A satirical demolition of Whitehall and Washingto...Director: Armando Iannucci
Cast: Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, Gina McKee, James Gandolfini
2013 | Drama | NRSummary: Irene, nicknamed 'Honey', has devote herself to people looking for help, and tries to alleviate their suffering even when they make extreme decisions. One day she has to cope with Grimaldi and his invisible malaise.Director: Valeria Golino
Cast: Jasmine Trinca, Carlo Cecchi, Libero De Rienzo, Vinicio Marchioni
Let Streaming Genie help you.