Mr. and Mrs. Carter, better known as Jay Z and Beyonce, will kick off their On The Run stadium tour June 25 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. Though both are bonafide superstars on their own, here are five reasons why two are better than one.
1. Beyonce only finished her Mrs. Carter World Tour last month, and while it's been a minute since she finished the U.S. portion, it's a bit soon for her to come back again to the U.S. as a solo act, unless she completely revamped the show.
2. Jay Z might be able to sell out stadiums by himself, but he's proven that he likes having a touring partner when it's time to hit the biggest of stages, whether it's his wife this summer or Justin Timberlake for last year's Legends of the Summer tour. In 2012, he and Kayne West tackled arenas together on their very successful Watch The Throne tour.
3. It's looking like a pretty strong summer touring season, especially for stadiums, between Beyonce/Jay Z, Eminem/Rihanna, Paul McCartney, Jason Aldean, One Direction, Luke Bryan and George Strait, not to mention the ever proliferating number of festivals that drain that allow fans a huge bang for their buck, so it only makes sense to provide as much ammo for fans to come to a show as possible by providing two superstars at a ticket price that will probably be less than it would be to see each one separately.
4. By now, Beyonce and Jay Z have enough songs they've performed together that they could do their own solo portions and then an entire segment together, including "03 Bonnie and Clyde," "Drunk in Love," "Crazy in Love" and the tour's namesake, "Part ll (On The Run)." Instead of two artists who just happen to be touring together, they have a history of songs that they can now recreate live together.
5. And, of course, the most obvious: They can have a nice summer vacation with Blue Ivy as they criss cross the country together in style.
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
Let Streaming Genie help you.