4 reasons why James Bond may have met his match in 'Skyfall'
Brand new clips show 007 fighting Javier Bardem...and a train
In the upcoming "Skyfall," James Bond (Daniel Craig) sure has his hands full. Not only does he seemingly return from the dead to a changed MI6, but he has to face down what could be his deadliest foe yet.
Franchise vets Craig and Judi Dench are joined by newcomers Javier Bardem, Ralph Fienes, Naomie Harris, Berenice Marlohe and Albert Finney. Sam Mendes ("Road to Perdition," "Jarhead") directed.
With the release of these four new clips this week, we offer up four reasons why Bond may have finally met his greatest set of challenges in "Skyfall." Will he survive? And what will be left of him?
1. Berenice Marlohe may be too much for Bond.
The Bond films have famously had there share of exotic beauties, but French actress Marlohe may prove too much for Bond in a mysterious role as Severine. The first clip (above) re-introduces us to Craig as the famed secret agent, while showing off Marlohe's feminine wiles. While wining and wooing in a Shanghai casino, 007 kicks off the proceedings with those three immortal words: "Bond. James Bond."
2. Bond fights an entire train
Here's a clip that was glimpsed in the trailer, wherein 007 uses some Tim Allen-style tool know-how and then fights a train. Just make sure those cufflinks are straight, James.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
3. Even Bond's allies are shooting at him
In this scene, Harris (who hid her beauty under some grotty make-up in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films) plays Eve, an MI6 agent who is ordered by M (Dench) to take out Bond's hand-to-hand opponent, but ends up shooting the wrong guy. Oops.
4. Javier Bardem is the villain
Anyone who's seen "No Country For Old Men" knows that Bardem s one of the best bad guys around. "Skyfall's" main baddie is the maniacal Raoul Silva, a role which gives Bardem plenty of room to chew scenery and walk that fine line between scary and silly. He's also sporting a blonde dye job -- his strangest hair since his Oscar-winning role in "No Country." Here, he brings trains back into the picture, much to Bond's chagrin.
Read Guy Lodge's review of the film here.
"Skyfall" opens in the U.S. November 9.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)