2 Chainz heads for No. 1 on next week's Billboard 200
It's true, his 'Based on a 'T.R.U.' Story' is poised to bow at the top
Rapper 2 Chainz will take his first major label studio album to the top of the Billboard 200 next week, as “Based on a T.R.U. Story” will handily bow at No. 1.
The title from the ubiquitous artist, who's recently collaborated with Nicki Minaj and Kanye West, will sell up to 140,000 copies, that’s 60,000 more than the projected sales for “Now 43,” this week’s No. 1 seller, which will drop to No. 2, according to Hits Daily Double.
The only other new contender in the Top 10 will be Insane Clown Posse’s “The Might Death Pop,” which could bow at No. 4, the highest position the band’s last effort, 2009’s “Bang! Pow! Boom!,” reached.
With no Amazon .99-cent special propelling an unlikely title up into the top the chart as has happened the past two weeks (Hello Frank Sinatra and Bee Gees!), the Top 10 shifts back to familiar current names. Rick Ross’s former No. 1, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” will likely fall slightly to No. 3. Justin Bieber’s “Believe,” Maroon 5’s “Overexposed” and One Direction’s “Up All Night” are in a dead heat for the No. 5 spot.
Similarly, both Zac Brown Band’s “Unchained” and Adele’s “21” are too close to call for the No. 8 spot. (Will this be “21” last week in the top 10? It could be...after nearly 20 months of never falling out of the top 10). Likely to land at No. 10 is Kidz Bop Kids’ “Kidz Bop 22.”
After making a huge splash this week by debuting at No. 4 with “Perfectly Imperfect,” new arist Ellie Varner falls out of the top 15.
The new chart will be released next Wednesday.
News From Our Partners
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013