Find More Events
Discover what's next in entertainment.
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
Polly Jean Harvey has been consistently setting ears alight since her debut single "Dress" (still awesome) came out in 1991. Now releasing her eleventh studio album, Harvey has lost none of her edge. Let England Shake is dominated by Harvey's autoharp, rather than the raucous alty-blues guitar for which she's better known (her previous album, 2007's White Chalk, was piano-led). John Parrish ( her long-time musical partner) and Nick Cave collaborator Mick Harvey are the bulk of her band, with Flood on hand for co-production duties.
This is PJ Harvey's first album on Vagrant Records, having left her long time home Island records abruptly enough that some music websites still list Let England Shake as an Island release. The Island records site, however, lists neither the album nor the artist.
"Let England Shake" - 3:09
- "The Last Living Rose" - 2:20
- "The Glorious Land" - 3:34
- "The Words That Maketh Murder" - 3:45
- "All and Everyone" - 5:39
- "On Battleship Hill" - 4:07
- "England" - 3:09
- "In the Dark Places" - 2:58
- "Bitter Branches" - 2:29
- "Hanging in the Wire" - 2:42
- "Written on the Forehead" – 3:40
- "The Colour of the Earth" - 2:32