Watch: Martin McDonagh and Colin Farrell on 'Seven Psychopaths' plus an exclusive clip
The film's creator makes a case for it and we share the opening scene as well
There are times where I sound a bit like a broken record regarding a new film that's coming out, and that's because I want certain movies to do well. I am far more interested in the art of movies than in the business, but one of the ugly truths about being a film fan is that if you want to see more films like the things you enjoy, those things do well enough that more things like them are produced. It's that basic. And so if I need to, I will occasionally beat the drum repeatedly because I love something.
For example, I sincerely hope Martin McDonagh has a monster hit with "Seven Psychopaths," his new comedy starring Colin Farrell, Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, Abbie Cornish, Olga Kurylenko, and Tom freakin' Waits. I love the film, and so today I've got two different things for you.
First, we've got my final interview from the batch of "Seven Psychopaths" conversations I had during the Toronto Film Festival, and this last one is McDonagh himself, joined by Colin Farrell. Obviously, the two of them worked together previously on "In Bruges," which has built a healthy cult following over the years since it was released, and there is a natural easy chemistry between them that is obvious from the second you sit down to talk to them.
It's one thing to have someone tell you that their film is good, but I think it's safe to say Farrell and McDonagh might be slightly biased. I think it always works best to let the film speak for itself, and so to that end, we have an exclusive clip for you today that is from the opening of the film, and I think it does a nice job of setting up this film's brash sensibility. It's not safe for work, though, and we've got it behind an age gate because it is a strong representation of just how colorful McDonagh's ear for dialogue can be.
Here's the clip:
I would once again direct you to my review of the film from the Toronto Film Festival, and then I look forward to hearing what you thought of it after it arrives in theaters everywhere this weekend.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
14 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013