Want to win the deluxe version of the new 'Magical Mystery Tour' Blu-ray?
Of course you do! And all you need is a Facebook account
By far, the weirdest movie my kids have ever seen is "Magical Mystery Tour," which arrives on Blu-ray this week, getting us one step closer to having the full Beatles filmography in high-definition.
It's been so long since I'd seen "Magical Mystery Tour" that I'd forgotten most of it, and for the most part, it's a shaggy, occasionally incoherent collections of largely-improvised scenarios tied together loosely with a storyline about Ringo and his Aunt Jessie (Jessie Robbins) on a bus tour together. McCartney was the key creative talent behind the camera, and there's a sense in much of the movie that Lennon, Harrison, and even Starr are just indulging McCartney. If nothing else, some of the acting in the film should serve as proof that it is not easy to just "make it up" while you're on set.
Having said that, I think the film is tremendously watchable, and the soun
And now you can own the deluxe version of the disc, and all you need is a Facebook account:
So you get the DVD, the Blu-ray, a 60-page collector's book, and a faithful reproduction of the mono double 7" vinyl EP of the film's six new Beatles songs, originally issued in the UK to complement the film's 1967 release.
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. If you don't win, I still urge you to pick up the disc, and then cross your fingers that we finally get "Let It Be" next year. Beatles fans should be celebrating the way these releases have been handled so far.
"Magical Mystery Tour" is in stores now.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013