Javier Bardem torments James Bond in a new 'Skyfall' clip
Silva looks like an interesting challenge for the super spy
I'm going to have to stop watching clips and trailers at this point, I think.
Then again, this latest clip is so much fun that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stop myself.
I know very little about Silva, the mysterious bad guy that Javier Bardem is playing in the film, but one of the keys to making a Bond film work is pitting him against someone who is a worthy adversary. So far, the early reviews that I've glanced at seem to really like Bardem's work, and this new clip is one of the best glimpses we've had so far of Silva and Bond together.
What I like about this is the way it feels like Silva is engaged in the game here. It feels like he's enjoying the cat-and-mouse with Bond, and the move he pulls to get away is pretty great. It's also pretty clear that this is another film where Javier Bardem is visually disturbing, adding to the menace. Nobody makes wigs more upsetting than Bardem, and his "blonde policeman" thing he's got going on here is really freaky.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
I'm curious to see how the film explores Bond's history. In a series that has run 50 years where the main character has always been within about a fifteen-year age range, continuity gets weird, and Bond in particular has had so many different incarnations that it feels like you have to treat each of the Bonds as a separate thing. Daniel Craig's films were the most radical reboot in the series history, even though they carried over some of the cast members from the Pierce Brosnan movies, and it feels like they're trying to ground him in a greater sense of personal history than most of the Bond films. Obviously, the death of Teresa Bond has been a thread they've included in the series several times, but more than almost any other character who has been around this long, Bond remains a blank on a personal level.
Our own Greg Ellwood was on the set for this scene, and you can read about that here:
That's a fun tease, and November 8th cannot get here fast enough. God, I hope "Skyfall" is as good as it looks.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
15 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013
Two of the supporting characters from the trilogy weigh in on saying goodbyeWednesday, May 22, 2013
Simon Pegg is still jumping fencesWednesday, May 22, 2013
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013