First Iron Patriot got his own suit, and now he gets his own 'Iron Man 3' poster
Don Cheadle is going to wallpaper his whole house in these
We're going to see all sorts of people wearing Iron Man suits in the upcoming "Iron Man 3," and we've already had a quick glimpse of Don Cheadle in the suit as Iron Patriot. Today, though, we've got a great new one-sheet that gives us an even better look at him in what may be the most outrageous costume in any of the Marvel Studios movies.
A few weeks back, I had an opportunity to see a chunk of the movie and talk to several of the key players in bringing this latest sequel to the screen. That full conversation is still embargoed, but I can tell you that unlike "Iron Man 2," which sacrificed a fair amount of running time to helping lay groundwork towards "The Avengers," this is a Tony Stark movie first and foremost. This allows the filmmakers to refocus on Tony and his great supporting cast of characters. Jon Favreau, for example, has perhaps his biggest and most significant turn yet as Happy Hogan, and Gwenyth Patrow is front and center again as Pepper Potts.
The key relationship that I'm curious to see play out, though, is the one between Tony and his old friend Rhodey, who basically hijacked an Iron Man suit. Sure, they teamed up again at the end of "Iron Man 2," but there's still a real tension between the two of them, and it helps illustrated the tension between Tony and the American military industrial complex, which seems frustrated by his refusal to share his toys. Seeing how they've repainted this suit, I have to back Tony's decision completely. Good lord…
According to Kevin Feige, part of the design here is meant to be ridiculous, and that's part of the film. It's hard to walk that fine line, but I think everything I've seen so far promises a really strong and smart third chapter in Stark's bigscreen adventures.
We'll find out for sure when "Iron Man 3" opens May 3, 2013.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013