Bryan Singer confirms Peter Dinklage will be joining 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past'
Plus new details emerge about what sounds like a super-sequel
It feels to me like Bryan Singer is desperately trying to put together a version of "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" that will erase any lingering bad feelings about what has happened to the "X-Men" franchise since he jumped ship to run off and make "Superman Returns."
If that's true, then hiring Peter Dinklage to play a key role in the film is a major step in the right direction.
Right now, there's no word on who he's playing, but that's the great thing about a guy like Dinklage. No matter who you've hired him to play, you know you're going to get something interesting out of him. It's been really exciting watching him blow up as a nerd icon in the last few years thanks to "Game Of Thrones," because he's one of those guys who has been highly respected by film fans for years, even if there are times where he's felt like a well-kept secret.
The first immediate reaction that it seems like everyone on Twitter is having is that Dinklage must be playing Puck, a member of the Alpha Flight team from Canada, but I'm not so sure. He could be, certainly, but I don't think "short" is the only reason someone hires Dinklage to play a part. I'd love it if he were playing some unifying part of the particular corner of the Marvel Universe that Fox's films occupy, like maybe The Watcher.
I'm dying to read this script, if only to figure out how they plan to adapt one of the more complicated stories from the series into a film that is satisfying both to hardcore fans and casual viewers. The new film will pick up eleven years after "X-Men: First Class," starting in 1973, and according to his conversation with Collider, Richard Nixon will be featured in the film in some way. Unsurprisingly, they plan to shoot the film in 3D, with the shoot starting in April in Montreal. Singer's describing it as the biggest film in his career, and if they're serious about getting this one right, it'll have to be huge.
We'll see when "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" arrives in theaters July 18, 2014, and if you need your mutant fix before then, you can check out "The Wolverine" in theaters starting July 26th of this summer.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013