Bryan Singer confirms Peter Dinklage will be joining 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past'
Plus new details emerge about what sounds like a super-sequel
It feels to me like Bryan Singer is desperately trying to put together a version of "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" that will erase any lingering bad feelings about what has happened to the "X-Men" franchise since he jumped ship to run off and make "Superman Returns."
If that's true, then hiring Peter Dinklage to play a key role in the film is a major step in the right direction.
Right now, there's no word on who he's playing, but that's the great thing about a guy like Dinklage. No matter who you've hired him to play, you know you're going to get something interesting out of him. It's been really exciting watching him blow up as a nerd icon in the last few years thanks to "Game Of Thrones," because he's one of those guys who has been highly respected by film fans for years, even if there are times where he's felt like a well-kept secret.
The first immediate reaction that it seems like everyone on Twitter is having is that Dinklage must be playing Puck, a member of the Alpha Flight team from Canada, but I'm not so sure. He could be, certainly, but I don't think "short" is the only reason someone hires Dinklage to play a part. I'd love it if he were playing some unifying part of the particular corner of the Marvel Universe that Fox's films occupy, like maybe The Watcher.
I'm dying to read this script, if only to figure out how they plan to adapt one of the more complicated stories from the series into a film that is satisfying both to hardcore fans and casual viewers. The new film will pick up eleven years after "X-Men: First Class," starting in 1973, and according to his conversation with Collider, Richard Nixon will be featured in the film in some way. Unsurprisingly, they plan to shoot the film in 3D, with the shoot starting in April in Montreal. Singer's describing it as the biggest film in his career, and if they're serious about getting this one right, it'll have to be huge.
We'll see when "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" arrives in theaters July 18, 2014, and if you need your mutant fix before then, you can check out "The Wolverine" in theaters starting July 26th of this summer.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013
Two of the supporting characters from the trilogy weigh in on saying goodbyeWednesday, May 22, 2013
Simon Pegg is still jumping fencesWednesday, May 22, 2013