Bryan Singer confirms McKellen and Stewart returning for 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past'
Project shaping up as the ultimate 'X-Men' film so far
Well, imagine that.
Ever since they announced that the newest film in Fox's X-Men series would be called "Days Of Future Past," fans have been waiting to see how one of the most popular and enduring storylines from the comic would be adapted, and how it might unite the first three films in the series with "X-Men: First Class," and now Bryan Singer has revealed some casting news that is very exciting.
Earlier this morning, Singer posted the following to his Twitter account:
"I'd like to officially welcome back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender & Nicholas Hoult to #XMEN for #DaysOfFuturePast"
Great. Fassbender and Lawrence are on fire right now career-wise, so I'm glad they've worked out deals to make sure they play Magneto and Mystique again. I think they were both vital parts of making "X-Men: First Class" work in the first place, and they are important parts of the story moving forward.
But it was his next Tweet that really got my attention:
"Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 and @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come…"
Holy cow. I said before that I would pay $15 just to see Fassbender and McKellen side-by-side onscreen in matching Magneto helmets, and now it looks like that's actually a possibility. What I love about this idea is that they can go all "Back To The Future Part II" here and start bending continuity, showing us things from a new angle, and having young and old versions of the same characters interacting is going to make this the strangest X-Men movie so far, but also the most exciting.
Now I'm curious to see who else he might be bringing in for the new film. Any chance we might see a young Jean Grey show up? And if so, does that mean he'd also bring back The Dutch Treat herself, Famke Janssen? And considering how old Wolverine is said to be, and how he looked in his brief appearance in "X-Men: First Class," is it safe to assume that Hugh Jackman is, for the time being, the only Logan they'll ever need?
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" is set to arrive in theaters in 2014.
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013
Two of the supporting characters from the trilogy weigh in on saying goodbyeWednesday, May 22, 2013
Simon Pegg is still jumping fencesWednesday, May 22, 2013