Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Paramore, Flaming Lips added to SXSW lineup
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also on tap
YYYs will be joining Nick Cave & The Bads Seeds on the NPR stage on March 13, making that date and performance marquee yet again one of the strongest in the conference. The New York band also dropped another new album trailer, this one with a snippet of their new song "Always" from "Mosquito," out on April 16. It's their first album since 2009.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs tease new album with insane cover and trippy song preview
'Mosquito' looks like 'Paranorman,' boasts James Murphy
Watch: Paramore's new video for 'Now'
Love is a battlefield
Warner Music Group is out with some strong acts, including the Lips, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Tegan and Sara, Fitz & the Tantrums, Immaculate Noise favorite Icona Pop and more. They'll have showcases running March 12-14 at The Belmont, including some day parties. Grab your koozie.
And on March 12, there's a particularly lovely showcase that's been just announced. The Newport Folk Festival curated a stage with Jason Isbell, The Lone Bellow, Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers, The Last Bison, Spirit Family Reunion and more. Keep your eye out for these.
Badges for the music, film and all other portions of the SXSW conference are on sale now.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013