Thom Yorke's Atoms For Peace's new song 'Judge, Jury and Executioner': Listen
Electronica track arrives ahead of 'AMOK'
Your favorite song in 7/4 today has arrived. Thom Yorke and his supercrew Atoms For Peace have released another song off of new album "AMOK," out on Feb. 26.
"Judge, Jury and Executioner" falls along the same vocal and lyrical lines we're used to from the Radiohead frontman, with a much more tempered rhythm section. Think less lush, more urgency than Yorke's other famous band.
The track -- with its trippy visuals -- arrives about the same time that the fellows of Atoms For Peace opened up to BBC Radio 1, about the future of live shows, what Yorke was doing with Jack White in Nashville and whether the group would play the Glastonbury music festival.
For one, the band can't really tour until Flea has finished touring with his usual band Red Hot Chilil Peppers; they're on the road until at least March 9. As for Glastonbury -- June 26-30 -- Yorke denied they were on the bill.
“No… [the band] won’t have got our sh*t together by then."
Nigel Godrich and Joey Waronker, on the other hand, were eager to confuse with: “Are you sure?” and “Maybe?".
Yorke confirmed that, indeed, he was in the studio with Jack White over the summer in 2012. He teased some sort of collaboration with the Third Man label founder from the stage at Bonnaroo. He told BBC that he was the one to "direct" the music -- not White -- but made it clear there's no way for us to know when the two songs will be out, and under what guise... he has to "pick up the kids from school first."
"Jury, Judge and Executioner" will get a 12" vinyl release on March 19, with exclusive non-LP B-side 'S.A.D.'
News From Our Partners
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013